As a two-year-old Wildcat Red won all three of his starts, although he was disqualified to second in the final one. All four of his starts this year have been at Gulfstream Park, starting with a second by a head in the Gulfstream Park Derby. After that, he won the Hutcheson and the Fountain of Youth then was second in the Florida Derby. He is a front runner who needs to be in the pacesetters, so can he last a mile and a quarter?
Foaling Date: 3-29-2011
Pedigree: D'Wildcat - Racene by Miners Mark
Dosage Profile: 5-2-3-0-0
Dosage Index / CD: 5.67 1.20
2013 Record: 3 Starts: 2 - 1 - 0, $80,850
Best Beyer Figure: 101
Triple Crown Nominated
Here are links to profiles, past performances, pedigree info, and more.
- Churchill Downs profile
- Equibase profile
- Blood Horse profile
- Daily Racing Form profile
- Amnerica's Best Racing profile
- Horse Racing Nation profile
- The Downey Profile analysis
- Past Performances from Racing Post
- Recent workouts from DRF
- Full pedigree and dosage info
More Kentucky Derby Info:
- 2014 Kentucky Derby Contenders - with links to profiles and photos for each
- 2014 Kentucky Derby Barn Notes - updated daily starting April 18.
- Derby Points List - This is what determines who can get into the Kentucky Derby as only the top 20 horses from this list who enter get to start. Updated weekly.
- Kentucky Derby Barn Notes - daily news and notes for the Derby and Oaks contenders starting April 18
- Security still tight for 2014 - if you are going to the Derby or Oaks be sure to check here to find out what you can bring in with you. The enhanced security from last year is back again so no big cameras, camcorders, big purses, or coolers.
- Kentucky Derby Central - a guide to all things Derby
- Road to the Derby - all the point earning prep races with results
- Derby Weather - several forecasts for Louisville.
- 2014 Triple Crown Nominations - 414 horses were nominated in the early period which closed in January
- Late Triple Crown Nominees - 10 more horses nominated in March for a $6000 fee headed by Spiral Stakes runner-up Harry's Holiday.
- 2014 Kentucky Derby Future Wager - This year there were 4 pools starting in November of 2013 plus a single pool for the Oaks. Surprisingly, thie field of all other 3-year-olds was the favorite in all 4 pools.
- 2013 Experimental Free Handicap - ranks the top 2-year-olds of 2013 and determines the Dual Qualifiers for the Derby
- Review: Betting the Kentucky Derby - How to Wager and Win on America's Biggest Horse Race by Dean Keppler
- Kentucky Derby 101 - An overview of the Kentucky Derby from history to handicapping to how to attend. Perfect for beginners.
- Kentucky Derby Winners - all the winners with their connections and other info
- Kentucky Derby Traditions - There are many traditions associated with the Kentucky Derby from the garland of roses to mint juleps. Find out more here.
- Fillies in the Kentucky Derby - information about the fillies who have run in the Kentucky Derby
- More Derby info - lots more stats and other info about the Derby
- Official Kentucky Derby site from Churchill Downs
- Louisville Courier Journal coverage - one of your best news sources for the Derby
- Lexington Herald-Leader - another good source for Kentucky racing news
- Blood Horse Triple Crown Mania
- DRF Kentucky Derby Special
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info