May 14, 2009
Thursday was totally different from Wednesday with dark, rainy, and cool conditions. Still, several of the Preakness horses were out on the track for a gallop. After the arrival of Rachel Alexandra, Pioneerof the Nile, and Terrain late Wednesday afternoon, there are now 10 of the 13 horses entered in the stakes barn at Pimlico. The other three, Musket Man, Tone It Down, and Take the Points, plan to ship in on Saturday morning before the race. Here are photos of all 10 horses from either the arrivals yesterday or this morning on the track or in the barn.
Rachel Alexandra arrived on Wednesday afternoon and walked the shedrow on Thursday morning. Scott Blasi, assistant to trainer Steve Asmussen said, "She ate up great. The main thing is just keeping her happy. We'll take her over to the paddock and that will be her exercise today. She'll gallop tomorrow. Calvin (Borel) knows her as well as anybody and has been a big part of her success in her works up to her races and her development in Hot Springs this winter. We're very comfortable."
Triple Crown quick links:
- Preakness Entries and Post Positions - A field of 13 was entered. Get morning line odds, past performances, profiles, and photos
- Analyzing the Preakness contenders - trying to pick a winner by profiling
- Free Past Performances - from DRF
- Preakness Weather Forecasts
- Preakness 101 - A basic introduction the the second jewel of the Triple Crown
- Past Preakness Winners
- Preakness Index - the master list with even more info