Now that we have recovered from Barbaro's win in the Kentucky Derby, it is time to look ahead to the Preakness on May 20. Will Barbaro win and have a chance at the Triple Crown or does he need longer between races than he will get this time? Here is the current list of horses planning to start in the Preakness and it looks to be a short field this year. Entries will be drawn today, so watch for the post positions tonight.
Click the horse's name to see a profile with lots of information, stats, and a photo where available.
Triple Crown quick links:
- Kentucky Derby Results and Photos
- Preakness Weather Forecasts
- Free Derby Video Replay - from MSNBC
- Preakness News - from Pimlico
- Preakness News - from the Baltimore Sun
- Triple Crown Mania - from Blood Horse
- Preakness Special - from DRF
- Triple Crown Trail prep race schedule with results updated weekly
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others.
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info
|Barbaro||Michael Matz||1.81||Edgar Prado|
|Bernardini||Tom Albertrani||3.31||Javier Castellano|
|Brother Derek||Dan Hendricks||2.33||Alex Solis|
|Diabolical||Steve Klesaris||2.25||Ramon Dominguez|
|Greeley's Legacy||George Weaver||3.00||Richard Migliore|
|Hemingway's Key||Nick Zito||1.40||Jeremy Rose|
|Like Now||Kiaran McLaughlin||3.40||Garret Gomez|
|Platinum Couple||Joseph Lostritto||3.00||?|
|Sweetnorthernsaint||Michael Trombetta||1.33||Kent Desormeaux|