We are down to the final race of the Triple Crown now, the Belmont Stakes in New York on June 10. With Barbaro out now, there not only will be no chance of a Triple Crown but also no Derby/Preakness rematch. Here is the current list of horses planning to start in the Belmont and it looks like we may get a big field this year. Entries will be drawn on June 7, so there is plenty of time for changes before then. Note that Preakness winner Bernardini will not be going to the Belmont, but will instead wait for the big mid-summer races for his next start.
Click the horse's name to see a profile with lots of information, stats, and a photo where available.
Triple Crown quick links:
- Free Past Performances from DRF
- Preakness Results and Photos
- Kentucky Derby Results and Photos
- Belmont Weather Forecasts
- Belmont official site
- Triple Crown Mania - from Blood Horse
- Belmont Special - from DRF
- Triple Crown Trail prep race schedule with results for all the races
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others.
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info
|Bob and John||Baffert||3.00||Gomez|
|Cause to Believe||Hollendorfer||3.00||Baze|
|Oh So Awesome||Jerkens||2.00||Smith|