Now that we have recovered from Street Sense's win in the Kentucky Derby, it is time to look ahead to the Preakness on May 19. Will Street Sense win and have a chance at the Triple Crown or will someone else step up and beat him? Here is the current list of horses planning to start in the Preakness, and suprisingly not as many Derby horses seem to want to go this year. Entries will be drawn opn May 16, so watch for the post positions that night.
Click the horse's name to see a profile with lots of information, stats, and a photo where available.
Triple Crown quick links:
- Analyzing the Preakness contenders</a> - trying to pick a winner by profiling
- Kentucky Derby Results and Photos
- Preakness Weather Forecasts
- Preakness News - from Pimlico
- Preakness News - from the Baltimore Sun
- Triple Crown Mania - from Blood Horse
- Preakness Special - from DRF
- Triple Crown Trail prep race schedule with results updated weekly
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others.
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info
|Circular Quay||Pletcher||2.08 *||Velazquez|
|Flying First Class||Lukas||4.00||Guidry|
|King of the Roxy||Pletcher||3.00 *||Preakness maybe|
|Street Sense||Nafzger||2.14 *||Borel|