A field of 9 was entered for the 132nd Preakness on Wednesday with post positions drawn that evening at the ESPNzone in Baltimore. Kentucky Derby winner Street Sense is the 7-5 favorite and will break from the 8 hole. Hard Spun is second choice at 5-2 and Curlin is next at 7-2.
Street Sense's trainer Carl Nafzger said, "It's good. I got a nice post position. We're happy with it. I like the 8. You can sit there and read everybody, whether the pace is going or not. If the pace is not going, you get going."
Be sure to click the link on each horse's name to view full info, stats, and a photo where available.
Triple Crown quick links:
- Analyzing the Preakness contenders - trying to pick a winner by profiling
- Free past performances - from DRF
- Kentucky Derby Results and Photos
- Preakness Weather Forecasts
- Preakness News - from Pimlico
- Preakness News - from the Baltimore Sun
- Triple Crown Mania - from Blood Horse
- Preakness Special - from DRF
- Triple Crown Trail prep race schedule with results updated weekly
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others.
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info
|3||Circular Quay||Pletcher||2.08 *||Velazquez||8-1|
|5||King of the Roxy||Pletcher||3.00 *||Preakness maybe||12-1|
|6||Flying First Class||Lukas||4.00||Guidry||20-1|
|8||Street Sense||Nafzger||2.14 *||Borel||7-5|