May 18, 2005
Now that we have recovered from the shock of Giacomo's upset in the Kentucky Derby, it is time to look ahead to the Preakness on M21. Will Giacomo win and have a chance at the Triple Crown or was he just a lucky longshot who will be defeated at Pimlico? Here is the current list of horses planning to start in the Preakness. This should change a lot over the next week as trainers decide who to send.
Click the horse's name to see a profile with lots of information, stats, and a photo where available. A star by the dosage indicates a dual qualifier.
Triple Crown quick links:
- Analyzing the Preakness Contenders - trying to pick a winner based on the profile of a Preakness winner
- Free Preakness Past Performances - from DRF, available the evening of May 18
- Kentucky Derby Results
- Kentucky Derby Photo Tour
- Preakness Weather Forecasts
- Free Derby Video Replay - from MSNBC
- Preakness News - from Pimlico
- Triple Crown Mania - from Blood Horse
- Preakness News - from DRF
- Preakness News - from the Baltimore Sun
- Triple Crown Trail prep race schedule with results updated weekly
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others.
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info
|Afleet Alex||Ritchey||2.11 *||Rose|
|Going Wild||Lukas||1.91||Valdivia Jr.|
|Sun King||Zito||3.00 *||Prado|
|Off The Trail|
|Andromeda's Hero||Zito||2.78||Waiting for Belmont|
|Bellamy Road||Zito||3.50||Waiting for Belmont|
|Don't Get Mad||Ellis||2.27||Waiting for Belmont|