All of the major preps are now history and the list of top Triple Crown contenders is starting to settle out. The Kentucky Derby on May 7th is now less than two weeks away so everyone will have to start committing and settling their jockey assignments. Many contenders have already fallen by the wayside and new faces have come to the forefront, so keep checking back as I will be making updated every day or two now.
All nominations are now closed and only one supplemental entry, Greeley's Galaxy, is expected. The Experimental Free Handicap is also out so the dual qualifiers are set and are indicated by a star next to the horse's dosage index.
Click the horse's name to see a profile with lots of information, stats, and a photo where available. Jockeys are based on who is currently riding the horse, so expect changes there as well. Horses have now been put in order of their Graded Stakes earnings and off the trail horses are on a separate page.
Triple Crown quick links:
- Free Derby Futures Past Performances - from DRF
- Graded Stakes Earnings - lists the top contenders by graded earnings which is what determines who can actually enter the Derby
- Triple Crown Trail prep race schedule with results updated weekly
- Triple Crown Nominations - 357 horses were nominated by the January 22 early deadline. View the list sorted by name, sire, trainer, or owner.
- Experimental Free Handicap - determines who the dual qualifiers are
- Kentucky Derby Future Wager - All pools are now closed so check out the final odds for each.
- Derby Tickets and Seats - how to get them
- Louisville Courier Journal coverage - one of your best news sources for the Derby
- Blood Horse Triple Crown Mania
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others.
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info
|Afleet Alex||Ritchey||2.11 *||Rose|
|Sun King||Zito||3.00 *||Prado|
|Sort It Out||Baffert||1.67||Blanc|
|Off The Trail|