In 2013, the Breeders' Cup World Championships are on November 1 and 2 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA. Below are links each of the 14 races with contenders, statistics, history, and other useful info. Each horse has a link to a profile with lots of info from pedigree to charts for his/her latest races.
- Saturday results part 1 - Classic, Turf, Sprint, and Juvenile
- Saturday results part 2 - Mile, Juvenile Fillies, Filly and Mare Turf, Filly and Mare Sprint, Turf Sprint
- Friday results - Distaff, Juvenile Turf, Dirt Mile, Juvenile Fillies Turf, and Marathon
- Wrap-up - Comments, records, and statistics
- Thursday workout photos
- Wednesday workout photos
- Tuesday workout photos
- Monday workout photos
- Breeders' Cup Entries - with post positions and morning line odds
- Free past performances - for all the races
- Friday Races Contenders
DIstaff (G1), Dirt Mile (G1), Juvenile Fillies Turf, Juvenile Turf (G2), Marathon
- Saturday Races Contenders
Classic (G1), Turf (G1), Filly & Mare Turf (G1), Sprint (G1), Juvenile (G1), Juvenile Fillies (G1), Mile (G1), Turf Sprint, Filly & Mare Sprint (G1)
- Field Selection Rules
- Santa Anita Weather
The Road to the Breeders' Cup
The months before the Breeders' Cup are filled with graded prep races. There is also a series of Breeders' Cup Challenge "Win and You're In" races where a win guarantees you a spot in the field for that division's championship race.
- Breeders' Cup Challenge races with winners - with links to race coverage and video
- Breeders' Cup points list - points are earned by a top 3 finish in a graded stakes and are part of what determines who gets in the field for each race
- Stakes Race Schedule - what is coming up in the next couple of weeks at tracks across the country
With 15 races and full fields of top class horses going from 6 furlongs to 1 3/4 miles on the main track and the turf course, the Breeders' Cup can be a nightmare to handicap. Here are a few things to help you try to pick a winner. The only sure thing is you will have lots of top class horses to analyze.
The Breeders' Cup was first run in 1984 and will have its 29th running this year. Here you can find results and photos for past runnings plus links to all kinds of statistics for the event.
- History of the Breeders' Cup - how it started
- Breeders' Cup winners - for all 15 races
- Repeat winners and near misses
- Supplemental Entries - was it a wise investment?
- The Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita - the past 4 runnings there and more
- Traditions - the trophy and flower blankets
- Past Breeders' Cup results and photos - my coverage starting in 1997
- Statistics and recaps - from Breeders' Cup, includes charts