October 26, 2005
This year the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships will be held on October 29th at Belmont Park in New York for the 4th times in the history of the event. It will be the 22nd running of the eight race series worth a total of $14 million in purse money and all the top horses from North America and Europe are expected to compete. Post time for the first Breeders' Cup race will be 1:20EDT and the full race order and post times can be found in the table below.
Entries closed Wednesday morning and post positions have been drawn and morning line odds assigned to all the horses. Although there were at least 14 pre-entries for every race, only the Classic, Filly and Mare Turf, and Juvenile will have full fields of 14 due to injuries or last minute drop outs. The Juvenile Fillies which only drew 10 horses is the smallest field on the card. Rock Hard Ten was made the narrow favorite in the Classic at 7-2 with Borrego not far behind at 9-2. The shortest price favorite on the card is Lost in the Fog who is even money for the Sprint with Silver Train a distant second favorite at 8-1.
- Free Breeders' Cup Past Performances - for the Sprint and the Classic only from Daily Racing Form
- Breeders' Cup Past Performances - from BRIS. The freebie is gone, you have to pay now.
- Breeders' Cup Links - the master list with even more info
- The Breeders' Cup Championship Day - The official page for the Breeders' Cup championship races. Just about anything you need to know about it: results, video clips, and race calls for past years, and eventually nominations, entries, and results.
- Breeders' Cup Weather - What will the weather be like at Belmont Park on October 29th? Here are lots of places to find out!
- Points Standings - from the Breeders' Cup with supplements and injuries indicated
- TV Schedule - for all the preps and other programming leading up to the big day
- Breeders' Cup Supplemental Entries - past supplements and how they fared
- Blood Horse Countdown to the Cup - Contenders, news, history and more
- DRF Breeders' Cup coverage - news, handicapping, and more.
- Thoroughbred Times Breeders' Cup Coverage - News, contender profiles, stats, history, and more.
- European News - the latest on the Euro contenders from Sporting Life
- 2004 Breeders' Cup Results
Just click the race names below to see the entries with post postitions and odds plus links to a full profile with a photo and lots of info about each horse if you click the horse's name. Good luck with your handicapping and enjoy what should be a spectacular day of racing at its finest.
|Alberto VO5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1)||1 1/16 Miles||2 Year Old Fillies||$1 Million||1:20pm|
|Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (G1)||1 1/16 Miles||2 Year Old Colts & Geldings||$1.5 Million||1:55pm|
|Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (G1)||1 1/4 Miles (Turf)||3 Year Olds & Up
Fillies & Mares
|TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1)||6 Furlongs||3 Year Olds & Up||$1 Million||3:10pm|
|NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (G1)||1 Mile (Turf)||3 Year Olds & Up||$1.5 Million||3:45pm|
|Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (G1)||1 1/8 Miles||3 Year Olds & Up
Fillies & Mares
|John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (G1)||1 1/2 Miles (Turf)||3 Year Olds & Up||$2 Million||4:55pm|
|Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (G1)||1 1/4 Miles||3 Year Olds & Up||$4 Million||5:35pm|