Breeders' Cup WorkoutsDateline: 11/03/00
Back to the track again this morning to watch more workouts. There were a lot of Breeders' Cup horses out there today including Riboletta. There were no actual timed works since the races are tomorrow, but a lot of galloping and jogging. Here are quite a few pictures for your enjoyment. Clicking the small image will show you a larger one.
Riboletta galloped 1 3/8 miles today under exercise rider Jose Cuevas.
Riboletta again as she gallops by.
The speedy Caller One, one of the likely favorites in the Sprint, jogged today.
Fivestarday, aonther Sprint favorite, jogged and galloped but looked like he wanted to go faster.
European star Montjeu cantered on the turf. He was blowing very hard when he finished for some reason even though he never went that fast.
Successful Appeal who will start at 15-1 in the Sprint galloped 1 3/8 miles.
Bob Baffert leads his Juvenile Fillies entrant Notable Career to the track for a gallop.
9 year old John's Call galloped on the turf in his final prep.
Turf longshot Down the Aisle looked very good this morning as he galloped on the main track.
Irish bred Juvenile entrant Street Cry galloped 1 1/2 miles today.
Bob Baffert's second Juvenile entrant, Point Given, galloped.
The flashy Altibr galloped today in his final prep for the Mile.
Manndar, 4-1 morning line in the Turf, jogged and galloped.
Tranquility Lake, who galloped two miles, will start at 6-1 in the Filly and Mare Turf.
Caffe Latte, Bob Baffert's Filly and Mare Turf entrant, galloped today.
German bred Catella, who will be a longshot in the Filly and Mare Turf, cantered one mile.
Classic contender Captain Steve galloped today.
Turf entrant Fruits of Love cantered on the turf under his trainer Mark Johnston's wife Deirdre.
Another Turf entrant, Williams News, who galloped 1 1/2 miles on the main track.
Yet another Turf entrant, Aly's Alley, who galloped on the turf.
Subtle Power, who will also go in the Turf, galloped on the main track.
Seems like almost the entire field for the Turf was out today as Quiet Resolve also galloped 1 1/2 miles on the main track.
Japanese sprinter Agnes World was out again today to canter and I finally managed to get a shot without a bunch of people around her.
Europeans Kingsalsa and Dansili who will go in the mile cantered on the main track.
The Kids to the Cup winners were on the backside watching the workouts and visiting the barns.
More info on the Breeders' Cup:
- Breeders' Cup Entries and Post Positions
- More workout pictures from Thursday
- Breeders' Cup Poll - with all horses for all the races. Vote for who you think will win each!
- Breeders' Cup Weather
- Breeders' Cup Tickets
- Breeders' Cup Links - my full list
- TV Schedule - for all the preps and other programming leading up to the big day
- Breeders' Cup Steeplechase
- Breeders' Cup Challenge - online contest from Breeders' Cup and NTRA where can win $1,000,000.
- Breeders' Cup Advanced Edition - from DRF with lifetime performances of all the pre-entered horses. Goes on sale Wed. Oct. 25th at noon.
- Points Standings - from the Breeders' Cup with supplements and injuries indicated
- Churchill Downs graded odds line
- Churchill Downs barn notes
- Countdown to the Breeders' Cup - 6 part series from TrackMaster's expert handicappers Davidowitz, Quinn and Brohamer analyzing all the races
- DRF Coverage of the Breeders' Cup - lots of good info here
- European News - the latest on the Euro contenders from Sporting Life
- Thoroughbred Times Coverage - Contenders, preps, and history
- Countdown to the Cup - from the Blood Horse
- Breeders' Cup Supplemental Entries - all past supplements plus who needs to this year
- Breeders' Cup Book - a review of the new coffee table book
Have a comment or question about this topic? Jump on over to the bulletin board!
Breeders' Cup logo courtesy of the Breeders' Cup Limited