Belmont Stakes EntriesDateline: 06/06/01
Post positions were drawn this afternoon for the 133rd Belmont Stakes and a field of only 9 horses was entered. Both Kentucky Derby winner Monarchos and Preakness winner
winner of the Kentucky Derby.
Past performances are available for free online from the Daily Racing Form here and here in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Post time for the Belmont is 6:04pm EDT and between ESPN, ESPN2, and NBC there will be TV coverage nearly all afternoon (schedule).
The Belmont StakesHere is the field in post position order. Distance is 1 1/2 miles and all entrants carry 126 lbs. The purse is $1,000,000 Guaranteed. Click on the horse's name to see full info on him.
|6||Buckle Down Ben||Nakatani||Lukas||30-1|
|8||A P Valentine||Espinoza||Zito||5-1|
winner of the Preakness Stakes with Gary Stevens up.
- Belmont Stake official page from NYRA
- Past performances from DRF
- Belmont Special from Equibase - free program, past performances, ChartPlus, and articles
- Current weather
- Scratches and changes
- Results Chart from Equibase (available late Saturday)
- News Index Search to find Belmont articles
Triple Crown quick links:
- Belmont Entries - lots of info about each
- DRF Belmont coverage
- Triple Crown Mania from the Blood Horse
- Road to the Triple Crown from Thoroughbred Times
- Kentucky Derby Results
- Preakness Results
- Triple Crown Trail
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info
On the Forum:
Photos by author except where noted.