The final line-up for the Preakness is now set and a field of 11 horses has been entered. Derby winner Smarty Jones is the favorite as expected followed by Lion Heart and Imperialism. Song of the Sword was a last minute addition to bring the field up to 11. Post positions were selected Wednesday evening.
Below is the list of entrants in post position order. Be sure to click the horse's name to see a full profile with a photo.
Triple Crown quick links:
- ThursdayPreakness Photos - more pictures from the workouts and stakes barn at Pimlico
- Wednesday Preakness Photos - pictures from the workouts and stakes barn at Pimlico
- Analyzing the Preakness Contenders - trying to pick a winner
- Kentucky Derby Results - Smarty Jones wins by 2 3/4 lengths over Lion Heart. Results, charts, and lots of photos here
- Latest NTRA 3-Year-Old Poll
- Free Preakness Past Performances - from DRF
- Free Preakness Past Performances - from Blood Horse and BRIS
- Preakness Weather - several forecasts for Baltimore.
- Triple Crown Trail - all the preps with results
- Preakness News from Pimlico
- Baltimore Sun coverage - lots of local coverage
- Blood Horse Triple Crown Mania
- DRF Preakness Special
- Thoroughbred Times Triple Crown special
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others.
- Triple Crown Index - the master list with even more info
|1||Lion Heart||Patrick Biancone||Mike Smith||3-1|
|2||Borrego||Beau Greely||Victor Espinoza||15-1|
|3||Little Matth Man||Martin Ciresa||Richard Migliore||50-1|
|4||The Cliff's Edge||Nick Zito||Shane Sellers||8-1|
|5||Song of the Sword||Jennifer Pedersen||Norberto Arroyo||30-1|
|6||Sir Shackleton||Nick Zito||Rafael Bejerano||30-1|
|7||Smarty Jones||John Servis||Stewart Elliott||8-5|
|8||Imperialism||Kristin Mulhall||Kent Desormeaux||5-1|
|9||Eddington||Mark Hennig||Jerry Bailey||8-1|
|10||Rock Hard Ten||Jason Orman||Gary Stevens||6-1|
|11||Water Cannon||Linda Albert||Ryan Foglesonger||30-1|