The Pick 6 requires you to select the winner of 6 consecutive races. This wager generally offers very high pay-offs and occasionally tracks will offer a very high amount such as $1 million.
Time Required: 60 minutes
- Select the horse you think will win each race. You can select more than one in each race but this will increase the amount of your wager.
- Go to the betting window and tell the clerk which track and race you wish to bet on
- If you only selected one horse per race, tell the clerk '$1.00 Pick 6: 1 with 2 with 3 with 4 with 5 with 6' (or whichever horses you selected). The minimum wager may be $2 at some tracks.
- If you selected more than one horse in some races, tell the clerk '$1.00 Pick 6 wheel: 1 with 1, 2 with 1, 2 with 4 with 5 with 5, 6' (or whichever horses you selected).
- Make sure your ticket is correct before you leave the window.
- Take your ticket and watch and cheer for your selections.
- The more horses you pick in each race, the better chance you have of cashing your ticket, but your ticket will also be more expensive.
- You determine the cost of your wager by multiplying the number of horses in each race together then by the amount wagered. For example: 1 x 2 x 2 x 1 x 2 x 1 x $1 = $8
- The minimum wager on a Pick 6 is usually $1 or $2. Ask the clerk for the minimum amount at your track. You can wager a larger amount if you like.