The Pick 3 requires you to select the winner of 3 consecutive races. This wager generally offers much a much higher pay-off than just betting the 3 horses to win in each race.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Select the horse you think will win each race. You can select more than one in each race but this will increase the amount of your wager.
- Go to the betting window and tell the clerk which track and race you wish to bet on
- If you only selected one horse per race, tell the clerk '$1.00 Pick 3: 1 with 2 with 3' (or whichever horses you selected). The minimum Pick 3 wager may be $2 at some tracks.
- If you selected more than one horse per race, tell the clerk '$1.00 Pick 3 wheel: 1, 2 with 1, 2 with 1, 2' (or whichever horses you selected).
- Make sure your ticket is correct before you leave the window.
- Take your ticket and watch and cheer for your selections.
- The more horses you pick in each race, the better chance you have of cashing your ticket, but your ticket will also be more expensive.
- You determine the cost of your wager by multiplying the number of horses in each race together then by the amount wagered. For example: 1 x 2 x 2 x $1 = $4
- The minimum wager on a Pick 3 is usually $1 or $2. Ask the clerk for the minimum amount at your track. You can wager a larger amount if you like.